Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014

2013 ended with a beautiful trek in the Gharwal Himalayas – Har ki dun, known as the Valley of the Gods. Followed by, Lucky Ali’s live concert in Mussoorie! Resumed work just two days before the new years eve. My mind wondered and lost in the hills, searching for belonging-ness in the city life. My love affair with Mumbai, or with anyone for that matter, is at it’s low when I return back from the North. Probably, because a large piece of my heart stays back in the mountains and the valley.

New years eve at Geetika’s. A great host, who does most of the work by herself except cooking and I thank her for that (for not cooking!). Hard to imagine Mumbai without her. I have seen her flourish with time. She is now a CFA with big job (which she would disagree to). Where as she has acknowledged my highs and lows in these years. Although, life here has always been on the terms – each one for himself, I know she looks after me in all possible ways. I feel safe around her.

Fell from my bike while going back home from work on the 1st day of 2014 and landed safely on my helmet with minor bruises on my left leg. This left my only black shirt torn around the shoulder with no scope for alteration. Not a good start! But Raju Bhai says, “Jaan bachi toh lakho paye.” To which I carefully responded, “Jaan bachi par kapde phat gaye.” – which he obviously ignored but made me a great masala chai to cheer me up.

7th Jan: Ruskin Bond’s autographed book finally arrived after my failed attempted to meet him at his house in Mussoorie. He sends best wishes for 2014. Not a bad start after all!

No comments: