Friday, March 21, 2014

Violence

Violence in the house. Sitting in my room, it was the first time that I witnessed (heard) a physical fight between a couple (G’s colleagues). No one in my entire family tree have indulge in domestic voice, at least not that I heard of. The only story that I know of (a distant relative) is when the poor husband got a nice beating from his angry wife with a broom.

G tells me more about the couple - they were childhood friends and had been a couple for over a decade. May be with time the roots of love grow weaker and spreads its boundaries looking for unsettling emotions like anger, frustration, rage and sometimes even violence. However, as men are stronger, the violence usually ends up hurting the female.

Frightened by the scene, I asked G to go out and handle the situation. He came back within a minute, giggling with the fingers on his lips.

I inquired: “Why the hell are you laughing? You think it’s funny?” to which he wistfully answered, “The boyfriend got a nice beating and I think he will definitely need a new Shirt.” 

We both shared a good laugh.

No comments: