Saturday, August 25, 2012

Bombay


There is something about Bombay which remains mystery to me. I had been living in this city for almost eight years, before I left three month ago in search of something new that could add more meaning to my life, or probably something that this city lacks. Peace, solitude or serenity? I cannot tell. Only at that time, the city seemed unfit for my survival, for my dreams, for my future.
As karma would have it, I am here since yesterday without even knowing the duration of my stay. The feeling is mixed that of being a refuge at your own house. Whatever it is, the city has its special way of greeting you.

I've realized that I had been missing: my friends - those bastards; Raju bhai - with his 'one minute' cooking techniques; the watchman of our society -  who salutes by closing one eye; humidity in the air; the eternal rush at Andheri Station; the local trains; the red colored BEST buses; the sensational marine drive; the blue shade of the slums; the sky touching towers; the shopping malls; the weekend outlets; the 11 month rent agreement and the cheat brokers; the terrible traffic; the wicked and soulful girls; Haaji Ali dargah - the emperor of the sea . . . these and many more I've missed.

The city has won my heart all over again. I can positively tell that I can hate and love this city at the same time. I wonder, if I've ever felt anything like this before? I can assure you it's a funny feeling. I feel welcomed. No matter how long I stay away - I'll be a drop of its ocean. 

Bombay has been kind to this young aimless explorer.

No comments: